Tideline Tours has been in operation on Folly Beach, SC since 2009. We are a group of passionate outdoorsmen, water lovers, bird watchers, dolphin finders, and educators and would love to show you the beauty surrounding our island home.
Follow the links on the right to learn more about our operation and the Folly Beach area (including our shell guide to what you find on the beach!). Scroll down for suggestions of other things to do during your stay.
Things to do
Looking for other things to do during your time on Folly Beach? There is heaps to do in our little beach town! Here are some things we suggest:
- Rent a bike and explore the island (please be courteous of cars and stay to the side of the road – our roads are quite narrow!)
- Walk the beach and look for sharks teeth. We’re not giving up our secret spot but can confirm they are out there.
- Walk the path to the old Coast Guard station at the end of E. Ashley Ave.
- Grab a fishing pole and license and try your luck fishing off the pier.
- If fishing isn’t your thing eating ice cream while walking the pier is also a good choice.
- Head to the County Park on the West side and watch the sunset over the marsh. (Almost as good as a sunset tour on our boat!)
- Eat! There is so much good food here, both on Folly and throughout Charleston.
- Visit one of our plantations. We like McLeod for a different take on the traditional plantation experience.
- Stroll through downtown Charleston and take in the architecture, alleyways, and gardens.
- Mostly importantly slow down and relax. Welcome to Folly!
Where to Stay
It can be a bit overwhelming looking for a spot to stay while on vacation.
Check out our friends at the Folly River Lodge if you want a spot with hosts who love to adventure – they can steer you in the right direction for any activity.
There are also plenty of vacation rentals on the island through property management companies and airbnb.